Surprisingly, a lot of the Vitamin B’s are extremely beneficial for PCOS. B12 is the most widely known but other B's such as B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, B7 and B9 are useful in regulating the metabolic functions. These Vitamins do come in a singular pill called the B Complex.
Why is it so good?
- Lowers insulin resistance.(1) Drastically.
- Better mood due to the increase in serotonin.(2)
- Better memmory (3)
- Also all in all nerve function and DNA synthesis (4)
- If you are taking metformin as a diabetes drug then your body is depleated of Vitamin B.
- B9(folate) fights against neural tube defects in pregnancy.
- Promotes liver health so that the liver helps eliminate the toxins.
How to get more Vitamin B?
- Animal Products; clams, liver, wild fish, meat, chicken, eggs
- Vegan Sources; chlorella, fortified products, nutritional yeast, fermented like pickles, sauerkraut, yogurt, tempeh, miso and kimchi.
- Supplement Pills; if the natural options fail to fill your daily requirements. Earlier in the day since it will give you some energy.
- Sprays; usually used by vegans as an alternative to fortified products.
Comments, questions, or you already have experienced this and you want to add.
Feel free to contribute below