If you live in a secluded paradise where you eat a diverse palette of organic food, drink from a pristine mountain source, breathe in the fresh forest air. Then you would probably not need any supplements.
But do you?
- The soils that the crops are grown are depleted of nutrients. Blame it on the bad farming practices like planting monoculture, using pesticides and GMO seeds.
- Transportation time it takes for the harvest to reach your mouth. Some are harvested unripe to ripen on transportation.
- The bad food choices you make. Processed, artificially enhanced, addictive chemical “food”. Eating a cheesecake instead of an apple.
- Pollution=> Body can not absorb or use the nutrition optimally. The toxicity inhibits many natural processes.
- Take a blood test to see which one you actually need. You probably need one more than the other. Some could be just fine without supplements.
- Before supplementing take care of your nutrition, psychology, and exercise. Learn to detox. The effectiveness of the supplements depends on your lifestyle.
- Balance the nutrition with the supplements. If you know you will be having fish for dinner you can skip the fish oil for the day.
- Over-doing supplements can’t be good. It will have two possible outcomes. If you are lucky you will be seeing a more expensive and darker pee. The unlucky scenario is, of course, overworked kidneys and liver, store huge amounts of Vit A, D, E, K in your fat cells and cause complications with the absorption of other minerals. (Hint: both are bad)
- See if you are allergic to any ingredients or the cellulose capsule.
- See if there are some nasty ingredients. Try to avoid soy based products or un-pronouncabe chemichals. See the avoid page for more.
- Take supplements with food unless advised otherwise.
Balanced vitamins and minerals are shown to help with functions of your body, from the immune system to the mood
Lowers insulin resistance. Drastically. Increases memory and mood. Also all in all nerve function and DNA synthesis
Useful in, over 300 enzyme production. Helps with the insulin issue, by sensitizing the insulin sensitizers. Good for the heart. Keeps Cortisol in check. Helps create, thyroid and sex hormones. Good for sleep. More information on MAGNESIUM.
Helps regulate hormones. Its beauty lies in its simplicity. lowers excess hair and acne. You make your own through sunlight by a few minutes walk under the sun but if that sounds dreadful you can get supplements. They are cheap and usually, a few doses are enough to fill the Vitamin tank
Comments, questions, or you already have experienced this and you want to add.
Feel free to contribute below